Now Available! 2016 MSF Annual Photo Calendar

evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
edited November 2015 in Admin Communications

The MSF Photo Calendar is back!

Thank you to everyone who submitted their swimmy photos this year! It was inspiring to see the world of marathon swimming through your collective lenses, and we feel the final selections represent a diverse and meaningful cross-section of the sport.

Congratulations to photographers @malinaka, Caren Morrison, @paulm, @peterray61, Siobhan Russell, Jean Francois Bouloy, John Macgregor, Robert Frank, and Mischa de Muynck -- you earned yourselves a free calendar!

Calendars are available for purchase immediately (via PayPal) at the following link:

http://marathonswimmers.org/photo-calendar/2016

One calendar costs a flat $20 USD, which includes tax & shipping. Discounts are available for multi-calendar purchases ($19 for the 2nd, $18 for the 3rd, and so on). Click the PayPal Buy Now button, and you will be re-directed to a PayPal checkout form.

Calendars shipped to North America will use weeks starting with Sunday. Calendars shipped to Europe will use weeks starting with Monday. If you live outside these regions, we will ask your preference.

Orders made before December 1 are guaranteed to arrive on or before December 15, or your money back. Any proceeds will be applied to the operating costs of this website - thank you for your support!

Without further ado, here is January, courtesy of @malinaka.

To preview the other 11 months (or to buy a calendar), click here.

JenAloneswimmerAnthonyMcCarleyKellieLynnebluemermaid9suziedodsCharlieDoSurf

Comments

• Kate_AlexanderKate_Alexander Spring Lake, MichiganSenior Member

What a great series of photos. Nice job on the calendar!

On a side note ... it's so nice to see other swimmers with both lenses out of the water when breathing, like me. I'm ordering a copy for my swim buddy who frequently tries to correct my breathing profile.

evmo
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited November 2015

Many thanks to everyone who bought a calendar today. Unlike some other unnamed sites, we do very little monetizing around here, so the support is very much appreciated. :-bd

Mr. February is @AnthonyMcCarley, now completing the second leg of his "MSF Calendar Triple Crown." If anyone has good pics of Anthony from MIMS a couple years ago, please have them at the ready for the 2017 calendar!

The photo is by Caren Morrison (no relation!).

malinaka
  • Crackin' picture of Loch Ness, no less powerful than you'd expect! Paid up!

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin

Ms. March is @chloemccardeldotcom - seen shortly after completing a three-way English Channel swim earlier this year.

Thanks to @paulm for submitting this snapshot of a monumental achievement.

IronMikemalinaka
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited November 2015

Our April photo is a stunning shot of @wendyv and Ann White swimming toward Mt Rainier, in Puget Sound, Washington state, USA.

Thank you @peterray61 for submitting this image.

malinakarosemarymint
  • malinakamalinaka Seattle, WACharter Member

It's a long swim to the top of that mountain.

evmosuziedods

I don't wear a wetsuit; it gives the ocean a sporting chance.

• wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member

That was in January, on a day which was so unseasonably warm that we sat on the beach and talked for 45 minutes after we got out. It was the kind of day that was so beautiful and awesome that you just overflow with joy at being alive...you think things just can't get any better...then a bald eagle goes coasting by, right over your head.

Shortly before the shot was taken, I'd played my favorite little prank of sneaking up behind Ann, then suddenly appearing alongside her. Boo! I think we both laughed water out of our noses. Good times!

My birthday is in April, so I'm thrilled that this photo was chosen for that month. :)

malinakaevmosuziedods

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited December 2015

Ms. May is Breda Maguire of the Myrtleville (Ireland) Swimmers. Her twittter profile says it best: "HOME IS WHERE THE SEA IS"

FYI, folks: Today is the last day we can guarantee your calendars will arrive on or before December 15th! Order here:

http://marathonswimmers.org/photo-calendar/2016/

suziedods
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited December 2015

For June we have Bernard Lynch and Liam Maher, illegally drafting off each other on a 22km swim from Roches Point to Ballycotton, Ireland.

The photo is by Siobhan Russell -- thanks Siobhan!

(just kidding about the drafting)

suziedods
  • BOUGHT MINE!!!
    Now to just find time to actually swim...

evmoIronMike
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin

Mr. July is @greggbolsinger on a gnarly day in the English Channel.

Photo by Jean Francois Bouloy.

• thanks evan, donal and jean francois!

what i appreciated about this pic has nothing to do with me. the hooded figure on the boat is kevin murphy, who volunteered to be my sole crew in a pinch (he didn't know me from 'adam'). aboard the louise jane; captains andy and james king.

three guys, two federations, trying to help a swimmer. i'd like to think every dover swimmer appreciates this backstory.

cheers,

AnthonyMcCarleyKellieloneswimmerevmo
  • FrancoFranco Chestertown, MDCharter Member

Received mine today. I am very pleased with the new version beginning with Sunday. I don't have my 2015 at home with me but there also seem to be several more U.S. Holidays included. Great photos!

Thanks MSF for willingness to offer two versions.

evmoIronMike
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited December 2015

Cheers, @Franco. Glad it arrived OK.

With last year's calendar we realized only after the fact that our printer localizes the calendar format depending on IP-geolocation of whoever does the setup. Which was Donal, based in Ireland, thus leading to a European calendar format (Mon-Sun) and holidays. D'oh!

So this year we set things up in two separate accounts (one US, one Ireland) to get appropriately localized calendar formats.

I shipped out all pre-December 10 US orders last Friday/Saturday, USPS First Class, with expected delivery yesterday and today. Please let me know if there were any problems with your orders.

A few international (non US) orders might be a couple days longer... thanks for your patience.

FrancoIronMikeDeema
  • bluemermaid9bluemermaid9 Boca Raton, FL, United StatesSenior Member

Got mine today! It's beautiful! Thank you for taking on this project. Next year I'll get someone to take pictures.

evmo
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited December 2015

We have just a few calendars left, and we won't be doing another printing!

Here is August - Lynne MacGregor swimming from Robben Island to Big Bay, South Africa. Photo by John MacGregor.

http://marathonswimmers.org/photo-calendar/2016

Lynne
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

Got mine a couple days ago. Just in time!

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• Still haven't gotten mine but I'm hoping it'll come Monday!

• Great quality calendar! Thanks Evmo and Donal. My brother is stoked.

• I have TWO dates this year so far that I have swum! That's it.But it's a great calendar.

Lynne