Darren Miller North Channel

evmoevmo San FranciscoAdmin
edited August 2013 in Cheering Section
As indicated on the new Upcoming Solo Swims Calendar, forum charter member Darren Miller is tackling the mighty North Channel tomorrow, jump time ~5:45am GMT. Some links of interest: Not sure if any of those, aside from SPOT, will be updated during the swim.

C'mon, Darren! Let's see that game face.
Tagged:

Comments

• ssthomasssthomas Charter Member
    Whoop! So pumped up for him- the last swim of the Oceans Seven! He'll be part of a very special group after this!
  • Pretty exciting... Past half-way point. (I have a hard time concentrating at work when friends are doing these big swims. Getting to be a problem.) Go Darren Go!
  • Darren has been at it for about 8 hours with about 3/4 in the bank. I hear the water is a warm 59.8 degrees! Looks like he is headed toward Portpatrick. On pace to finish with about an 11 hour time.
  • edited August 2013
    Go Darren!!!!

8.2 km to go.
    "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • ssthomasssthomas Charter Member
    Looks like he may have finished!
  • evmoevmo San FranciscoAdmin
    Big high five to Big Darren!
  • david_barradavid_barra Charter Member
    Nice swim Darren!
    7 down!
    ...anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
  • Darren made it look easy on the Spot.
  • Fantastic, congratulations to Darren!
  • Congrads Darren!
  • Mazel Tov, Darren!

-LBJ
    "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Awesome! 7 for 7!!
  • GordsGords Charter Member
    Congratulations! I know who I'm voting for in Open Water male swimmer of the year. That's such a huge accomplishment and what a record! 7 attempts, 7 successes. Can't beat that.
  • SharkoSharko Sonoma County, CAMember
    Two fins up!!!
    "I never met a shark I didn't like"
  • Congratulations, Darren! Incredible achievement!
  • ForeverSwimForeverSwim Charter Member
    edited September 2013
    Thank you everyone for the amazing support - what a beautiful journey! 11:16 crossing between Donaghadee, Northern Ireland and Portpatrick, Scotland. We measured the water temperature from around 13-14C (55.4-57.2F) throughout the day. Saw plenty of Lion's Mane, however was able to navigate around the large ones and took a few small stings. Overall, just an incredible countryside and such friendly people - looking forward to the day I can return again! Will post the full report in the coming days.

Cheers to adventure!!
    www.darren-miller.com
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Darren, Congratulations on an outstanding achievement and to bring honor to your fundraising goal, your chosen sport and being a respectable man.