Ron Collins - Catalina Crossing

heartheart Member
edited September 2013 in Cheering Section
As I type this, @roncollins, the terrific race director of the Tampa Bay Marathon, is getting close to the Southern California shores and about to complete the last swim of his Triple Crown. Swim, Ron, Swim! Follow his progress here: http://www.distancematters.com
Tagged:

Comments

• @roncollins finished his Catalina crossing around 12:30 EST. He just got his Triple Crown! Congrats Ron.
  • Congrats, Ron!!!
  • ssthomasssthomas Charter Member
    Yay, RON! Vindication! :-)
  • ForeverSwimForeverSwim Charter Member
    YEAH RON! Well done sir - So happy you have it over and done with!
    www.darren-miller.com
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • KNicholasKNicholas ArizonaMember
    Nice swim Ron and good to meet you. Looking forward to a swim in the future.
  • Great swim Ron! ;-)
  • awesome!
  • RonCollinsRonCollins Member
    edited September 2013
    Thank you, everyone! It's awesome to claim an accomplishment and not have to go on trial to defend it because of inconsistent reporting and ratification. I love the Catalina Channel, but only now that it has allowed me to cross and live to tell the tale!
    Ron Collins
    Clearwater, Florida
    DistanceMatters.com
  • Also, I want to commend @roncollins for posting on FB an awesome two-photo contrast of his attempt contrasted with his success, reporting on his weight both times. Lots of people, including some of us in the sport, struggle with the deceit of the silly "strong is the new skinny" ads (which invariably still feature skinny people). Every message that one can be a fabulous athlete at any size--indeed, that sometimes being a fabulous athlete *requires* a larger size--promotes health and sport out there.
    Ron Collins
    Clearwater, Florida
    DistanceMatters.com
  • Ron, you are the reason I put on 15 lbs in a month back in 2010. It helped me through my Catalina swim, but it is 3 years later and I still have not lost all of the 15. I hope you can drop it faster.
  • Congrats, Ron!
  • That wasn't me! It must have been the ice cream you were eating.
    Ron Collins
    Clearwater, Florida
    DistanceMatters.com
  • And boxes of Entemans donuts and cookies and......
  • FilFil The Clubhous, Derby, VermontMember
    Ron, Congrats. Big stuff to do it. Even bigger to came back at it and do it. Inspirational at many levels.