MIMS Accomodations

bobswimsbobswims Charter Member
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Does anyone have any good recommendations on where to stay for MIMS (other than at David Barra's home)

Comments

• david_barradavid_barra Charter Member
    You are of course most welcome here... but I must warn you that the 93+ miles between my little bomb shelter and south cove will take all of 2 hours (without traffic).
    Choice of fold out, air mattress or hammock!
    ...anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
  • ForeverSwimForeverSwim Charter Member
    Can we sleep on your 22' Zodiac? I'm sure Bob and I would have plenty of room! Just shuttle us down to the start in the morning if you would please...
    www.darren-miller.com
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • david_barradavid_barra Charter Member

Can we sleep on your 22' Zodiac? I'm sure Bob and I would have plenty of room! Just shuttle us down to the start in the morning if you would please...

Now that sounds like a plan!
    ...anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
  • loneswimmerloneswimmer Admin
    edited April 2012
    Dave, do you take Irish? There might only be 6 of us.
  • edited April 2012
    Try the Club Quarters near Albany St. I stayed at the Marriott that's right near the North Cove - a good place, but you have to have hit the lottery to afford it or, like me, have a brother who flies to China all the time and has 8 zillion Marriott points.

-LBJ
    "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • ssthomasssthomas Charter Member
    I stayed at the Club Quarters in Wall Street last year- walking distance (if you want) and reasonable. It was nicely in the middle between my starting place and where I needed to drop off my crew. Good subway access, too.
  • bobswimsbobswims Charter Member
    I just checked out Club Quarters and it looks very good. It is not available the first night so I would have to arrive a day later on Thursday. I have a hard time adjusting to time zone changes (coming from the west) but that might still be enough time.