Stripy pics

KarenTKarenT Charter Member
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
A slightly weird request, but I'm giving a paper in a couple of weeks about swimming and pain / suffering, and I want to use some pics of bodily stripes - I was thinking about head stripes, but also any good body stripes. I've already got a lovely one from Elaine (also the queen of furry tongue pics), but would love to get a couple more. I seem to have dodged having such pictures taken, but if you have a good picture that you wouldn't mind me using (it would be used in the presentation, then the slides would be posted on the website along with a podcast of the talk), I'd love to see it. Please email to me at k dot throsby at leeds dot ac dot uk.
Many thanks
K

Comments

• What are bodily stripes? Maybe I have some.
  • KarenTKarenT Charter Member
    I meant suntan / costume stripes! I'm writing about effects of swimming on the body that people outside of swimming can't make sense of. Swimming cap head stripes, strapless dresses and costume strap marks on the upper back - that kind of thing. All pics gratefully received.
  • JBirrrdJBirrrd MarylandSenior Member
    @ssthomas has a good one of her racer-back suit tan line in her wedding dress. :-)
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    If you ever need pictures of scars from wearing stupid wetsuits, let me know. I can send you that. But I won't send you the picture of me in a dress with my racer-back tan line.

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

@IronMike - I think that one would be for a very different paper!
  • Leonard_JansenLeonard_Jansen Charter Member
    I have one with me absolutely covered with Desitin - it looks like I've been dipped in white paint and has my brother and nephew laughing at how stupid I look - if you want that...
    I don't have any in my strapless dresses, however.

-LBJ

“Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.” - Oscar Wilde

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    @KarenT, all silliness aside about my strap lines, that scar I got from swimming my first 10K (Dart 10K, 2010) lasted for about a year. Visibly. Red, scar-y, disgusting.

I just noticed the other day that I have a permanent scar on my chest, faint but there, from that damn farmer john wetsuit. After that 10K, I decided I'd never wear a wetsuit again.

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• Oh man, I have some awesome stripy pics!!! The best is a bikini pic where it still looks like I'm wearing a full on white bathing suit underneath! And a cap/goggle tan line. I'll contribute for science!!
    Fantastic! We should bear our stripes with pride. I've sent a DM with my email. Kx
  • LynnkubLynnkub Charter Mem​ber
    Just sent you one. I need one with my BBC (basal cell carcinoma) scar next time...