Marathon Swimmers Discussion is May 4th at 9am in the South End Day Room-Special Guest Darren Miller

SharkoSharko Tomales BayGuest
edited April 2014 in Event Announcements
At the request of many swimmers and the South End, I would like to announce the second annual South End Marathon Swimmers Discussion. This year we will be meeting in the day room at the South End on Sunday May 4th at 9 am. Bring your questions and be ready to share your experience. We can share e-mails and phone #s for those that want to connect with someone that can provide further assistance on your journey.
Now some exciting news…Darren Miller is in town and we have invited him to participate in the South End Marathon Swimmers Discussion. Last year Darren Miller became the first American man to complete the Oceans Seven marathon swims (English Channel, Catalina Channel, Strait of Gibraltar, Molokai Channel, Cook Strait, Tsugaru Strait, and North Channel) - and one of only three total to complete it. In other words, he's one of the most accomplished marathon swimmers of all time.
https://www.darren-miller.com/
Looking forward to meeting up with all of you on May 4th at 9am (Five Coves of Death on May 4th???...that might kill a tradition…)

"I never met a shark I didn't like"

Comments

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    Simulcast?

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• ForeverSwimForeverSwim Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaCharter Member
    edited April 2014
    @Sharko - As stated on Facebook, your introduction is way too kind my friend. I sincerely appreciate your positive words. Just a simple man on a charitable journey! I look forward to helping assist anyone with marathon swimming questions, but more importantly, meeting new open water friends. Very excited to come visit!

www.darren-miller.com
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

• DanSimonelliDanSimonelli San Diego CASenior Member
    edited April 2014
    Wish I could be there...
    IronMike wrote:
    Simulcast?
    YES! :-)
  • SharkoSharko Tomales BayGuest
    I will do what I can to have the discussion filmed (simulcast).....might have to have each presenter come up front in the day room so we are not panning a camera in a circle...will think about this and report back.....

"I never met a shark I didn't like"

• Thanks sharko. Will be an interesting discussion I'd like to hear it.