A fresh water menace to melt your brain...

Leonard_JansenLeonard_Jansen Charter Member
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
The full article is here: http://datelinenews.org/pacu-testicle-eating-fish-found-in-illinois-lake-photo/99976

The first part of it reads:

"Swimmers and fishermen have something to be afraid of when they are in Lake Lou Yaeger in Litchfield, Illinois as a testicle-eating fish was reportedly found in the lake.

KSDK reported that a fish with teeth was found in the lake. Initially, it was thought to be piranha. However, Jim Cadwell, the lake superintendent, consulted with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources and learned that the said fish with teeth was actually a Pacu.

Cadwell says a fisherman caught one back on June 7th and there were claims another was hooked ten days ago. Although Pacus pose no real threat to humans as they reportedly feed on aquatic vegetation and snails, Metro.co.uk reported two local men died in the river, bleeding to death, after their testicles were eaten by a fish while swimming."

-LBJ

“Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.” - Oscar Wilde

Tagged:

Comments

• timsroottimsroot Spring, TXCharter Member
    heh, My mother sent me this article. Not entirely sure what to think about that.
  • Leonard_JansenLeonard_Jansen Charter Member
    I think two things about it:
    1) I'm never swimming in Illinois.
    2) They should rename "Lake Lou Yaeger" to "Lake Lorena Bobbit".

-LBJ

• WaterGirlWaterGirl Scottsdale, AZCharter Member
    Some inconsistencies here:
    Lake Lou Yaeger in Litchfield, Illinois as a testicle-eating fish was reportedly found in the lake.
    Metro.co.uk reported two local men died in the river, bleeding to death, after their testicles were eaten by a fish while swimming.
    The menace was is supposedly in a lake in Illinois, but the report comes from the UK, and it happened in a river.

Also, I'm not sure what part of the body you think the brain resides in...
  • Leonard_JansenLeonard_Jansen Charter Member
    Actually...

The UK report concerned two men in Papua New Guinea. Regardless, it was the same species of fish in the Illinois lake.

As to where a male's brain resides, I always thought it was in my skull, but my wife (a.k.a. She Who Must Be Obeyed, The Court Without Appeal, The Ukrainian Love Goddess) tells me it is, in fact, considerably "south" of there and offers some rather strong examples of same.

-LBJ

• GordsGords Syracuse, UTCharter Member
    This whole thing smells like an onion.