Cook Strait - Darren Miller and Craig Lenning

evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
edited April 2014 in Cheering Section
Friends of the Forum Darren Miller ( @ForeverSwim ) and Craig Lenning ( @uss_lenning ) are swimming the Cook Strait in the near future.

Swim, Craig, Swim!
Swim, Darren, Swim!

Best of luck to them both.

Comments

• jcmalickjcmalick Wilmington, DEMember
    Woohoo Go Big D and Ice Man Craig! Have an amazing time and reach for the shark's eye with a right hook if he comes after you!
  • ChickenOSeaChickenOSea Charter Member
    It's the sheep you have to worry about down there. Have fun!!!
  • loneswimmerloneswimmer IrelandCharter Member
    Best of luck guys, you'll both be great.

loneswimmer.com

• ForeverSwimForeverSwim Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaCharter Member
    Much appreciated support from everyone through the open water community! Your support via Facebook, this website and beyond means so much to Craig and I - we are all in this together, as supporting one another is what the sport is all about! We will complete our journey, as we know you are all with us in spirit!! Cheers..
    Stay tuned to www.darren-miller.com for blog and video updates from New Zealand!!

www.darren-miller.com
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

www.darren-miller.com

www.darren-miller.com

You can follow the SPOT Tracker here once our journey is underway!! As of now, we do not have a starting time, but just wanted to make I posted the link!! Thank you so much for your support!!
    http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0pKOQjq5TABdDAiOHEkuMleMBnrSldBQJ

www.darren-miller.com

GO DARREN AND CRAIG!!! Looks like they have a green light to swim at 9 am Wellington Time tomorrow. As long as my conversion times are correct, they should be starting the swim at 4PM EST TODAY or for the non math majors (ahem myself definitely), 1PM Pacific. Safe Crossing Gentleman!
    @Niek, to Kathleen's defense, she was very close to finishing and hypothermia won over. She fought the good fight and I'm sure she will be back again! Til then, I hope to swim in her event, Swim Around Charleston, now in it's third year!
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    @Niek: thank you for clarifying.
  • lakespraylakespray Senior Member
    "For Those About to Rock (Craig & Darren) We Salute You!

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    maybe i missed this somewhere, but... are they doing this as a tandem, or separate support boats?
  • ssthomasssthomas DenverCharter Mem​ber
    Tandem- sharing support boat and crew.
  • lakespraylakespray Senior Member
    Niek wrote:
    https://www.facebook.com/darrenemiller
    Been underway for about an hour. Conditions are good with little chop. Water temp about 63 F and getting a but warmer
    What's that 'but warmer'? Aided swim? :))
    Saying "aided" swim to these boys would be fighting words, just saying. And I believe it's a tale wind.

• dc_in_sfdc_in_sf San FranciscoCharter Member
    Niek wrote:
    https://www.facebook.com/darrenemiller
    Been underway for about an hour. Conditions are good with little chop. Water temp about 63 F and getting a but warmer
    What's that 'but warmer'? Aided swim? :))

they have clearly "gone local", kiwis are notorious for making i's into u's :)

http://notdrowningswimming.com - open water adventures of a very ordinary swimmer

• bobswimsbobswims Santa Barbara CACharter Member
    Looks like Darren is going to make it!!!
  • david_barradavid_barra NYCharter Member
    Congrats to Darren and Craig !

...anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited March 2013
    10:42 for Darren, 10:52 for Craig, according to @champion Shelley Taylor-Smith. Well done, guys! Looks like a wicked current there at the end.

vUoXMjl.png
  • Was a privilege and honour to support both Darren Miller & Craig Lenning. The Cook Strait is one of the toughest channels and respected accordingly for testing one's limits. The boys did Open Water Swimming proud... as we knew they would! xxxShells
    Thank you everyone for your support and kind words! We had an absolute blast out there; we sincerely appreciate the respect and honor of your time following us! Check out the swim report at my blog post - www.darren-miller.com.

Much love and respect from New Zealand!

@lakespray - AC/DC tribute? Wow. Now that is power my friend.. LOVE IT!

www.darren-miller.com

• MvGMvG MauritiusCharter Member
  • heartheart San Francisco, CACharter Member
    Fabulous achievement! Congratulations Darren and Craig!
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited March 2013
    http://dailynews.openwaterswimming.com/2013/03/darren-millers-rock-solid-six-pack.html?m=1

(Wonder what sort of search traffic Steve M was aiming for with that title?)
  • SharkoSharko Tomales BayGuest
    Two fins up on the crossing!!!

"I never met a shark I didn't like"

Cook Strait Swim
    Craig Lenning & Darren Miller
    www.darren-miller.com
    ENJOY!

www.darren-miller.com