Joe Zemaitis and John Zemaitis - Round-Trip Angel Island
Counter-clockwise loop around Angel Island from Aquatic Park
16.1 km (10.0 miles)
5 hours, 54 minutes on 10 September 2020
Observed and documented by Lisa Amorao
|Joe Zemaitis||male||40||United States||Scottsdale, Ariz.|
|John Zemaitis||male||37||United States||Scottsdale, Ariz.|
- Stephanie Mindlin - crew chief
- Mylan Trang - boat captain
- Lisa Amorao - observer / photography
Escort Vessel: Tango (Hyde Street Marina)
- Category: Tandem solo, nonstop, unassisted.
- Rules: MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming, without exception or modification.
- Equipment used: Both swimmers: textile swimsuit, swim cap, goggles. Joe wore a simple wristwatch.
Start @ Aquatic Park beach just west of Dolphin Club dock, exit through Aquatic Park opening, counter-clockwise around Angel Island, return to Aquatic Park beach via Opening.
- Body of Water: San Francisco Bay
- Route Type: island loop
- Start & Finish Location: Aquatic Park beach, just west of Dolphin Club dock. (37.808074, -122.42165)
- Minimum Route Distance: 16.1 km (10.0 miles) (map).
LongSwimsDB: Round-Trip Angel Island
- Start: 10 September 2020, 07:19:00 (America/Los_Angeles, UTC-7).
- Finish: 10 September 2020, 13:03:03
- Elapsed: 5 hours, 54 minutes, 3 seconds.
Summary of Conditions
|Water Temp (F)||62||63|
|Air Temp (F)||59||67|
Trackpoint frequency: 10 minutes. Download raw data (CSV).
Nutrition: Carbo Pro every 30 minutes. Occasional GU.
Click to enlarge.