Joe Zemaitis - Double Round-Trip Angel Island
Clockwise loop around Angel Island from Aquatic Park, then counter-clockwise loop around Angel Island from Aquatic Park
32.2 km (20.0 miles)
11 hours, 0 minutes on 30 August 2021
Observed and documented by Lisa Amorao
- Name: Joe Zemaitis
- Gender: male
- Age on swim date: 41
- Nationality: United States
- Resides: Scottsdale, Arizona
- Stephanie Mindlin - crew chief
- Tom Linthicum - boat captain
- Lisa Amorao - observer / photography
Escort Vessel: Ghostrider
- Category: Solo, nonstop, unassisted.
- Rules: MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming, without exception or modification.
- Equipment used: Textile swimsuit, swim cap, goggles, simple (non-GPS) wristwatch.
Start @ Aquatic Park beach just west of Dolphin Club dock, exit through Aquatic Park opening, clockwise around Angel Island, return to Aquatic Park beach via Opening. Exit water, then repeat in the counter-clockwise direction.
- Body of Water: San Francisco Bay
- Route Type: island loop
- Start & Finish Location: Aquatic Park beach, just west of Dolphin Club dock. (37.808074, -122.42165)
- Minimum Route Distance: 32.2 km (20.0 miles) (map).
LongSwimsDB: Round-Trip Angel Island
- Start: 30 August 2021, 01:29:43 (America/Los_Angeles, UTC-7).
- Finish Lap 1: 30 August 2021, 06:43:28
- Finish Lap 2: 30 August 2021, 12:30:20
- Total Elapsed: 11 hours, 0 minutes, 37 seconds.
- Lap 1 Split: 5 hours, 13 minutes, 45 seconds.
- Lap 2 Split: 5 hours, 46 minutes, 52 seconds.
Summary of Conditions
|Water Temp (F)||63||66|
|Air Temp (F)||55||61|
Trackpoint frequency: 10 minutes. Download raw data (CSV).
Nutrition: Carbo Pro + Powerade, every 30 minutes. Occasional GU. Snickers bar + protein drink on beach after Lap 1.
Click to enlarge.
Via NOAA Station FTPC1 - Fort Point, San Francisco, CA