Victoria Lea - Bristol Channel
Porthcawl to Glenthorne
21.6 km (13.4 miles)
8 hours, 32 minutes on 19 July 2021
Observed and documented by Geoff Gardner
- Name: Victoria Lea
- Gender: female
- Age on swim date: 46
- Nationality: British
- Resides: Southport, England
- Lynne Hilton - crew
- Ceri Davies - pilot
- Category: Solo, nonstop, unassisted.
- Rules: MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming, without exception or modification.
- Equipment used: Textile swimsuit (Funkita Diamondback), silicone swim hat, goggles (Aquasphere Kaiman Exo).
- Body of Water: Bristol Channel
- Route Type: one-way channel swim
- Start Location: Glenthorne, Devon, England (51.237124, -3.748071)
- Finish Location: south of Witches Point (Trwyn-Y-Witch), Wales (51.439324, -3.598176)
- Minimum Route Distance: 21.6 km (13.4 miles) (map)
Since the swimmer did not reach the traditional finish of this route (Porthcawl, as established by Kevin Murphy), per channel swimming tradition, the route distance is measured as the closest point of land from the start location (near Nash Point, Wales).
LongSwimsDB: Bristol Channel.
- Start: 19 July 2021, 09:05 (British Summer Time, Europe/London, UTC1).
- Finish: 19 July 2021, 17:37
- Elapsed: 8 hours, 32 minutes.
Summary of Conditions
|Water Temp (C)||16.5||19.7|
|Air Temp (C)||24||30|
Trackpoint frequency: 15 minutes. Download raw data (CSV).
Nutrition: See log.
The swimmer did not submit a narrative or answer the standard questions.
Click to enlarge.